Whether you are studying, completing an internship or taking a language course abroad, as a student you will always benefit from a stay in a foreign country. It is all about improving your subject and language knowledge, getting to know other cultures and learning to understand them better. Experience of other cultures has become essential for an optimal start in professional life.
Students who are joining us from abroad are very welcome at our Faculty!
Information and application
- Website “Study at FAU“
- International degree programmes and lectures taught in English
- Application and admission to FAU
- Financing your studies
- Contact for further questions and advice: Student Advice and Career Service
- Exchange programmes at FAU
- Internships at FAU
- Buddy programme
- First steps in Erlangen > First steps A-Z
- Orientation for international students > Welcome events
- Doctoral studies at FAU > Graduate centre at FAU
- Advisory services and seminars offered by > Career Service International
- FAU Volunteers for Internationals > FVI
- Opportunities for refugees and asylum-seekers > Orientation courses
- Subscribe to the > FAU International Newsletter
In addition to the direct application as a so-called freemover there is a range of partner universities you can choose from for studying abroad:
- Direct partner universities of FAU (for all students)
- Direct partner universities of the Faculty of Engineering (for students of the Faculty of Engineering only)
- ERASMUS+ partner universities (DE) (per department)
- WISO partner universities (for IP- and WING-students only)
- Internships and placements abroad
- Financing your exchange (DE)
- Accreditation of study periods and examination achievements (DE)
Information events, brochure and presentation
- Studying abroad during your degree (DE)
- Presentation: Information study abroad
- Video: Information study abroad
- hello world – Information brochure
- International Day of TF and of NAT
Application information for FAU direct partnerships
Application information for TF direct partnerships including GE4 partners
Please click on the respective partner university, all information including online application form is listed there.
Please note: Applicants from other faculties (especially IIS students) can also apply to the TF, but will only receive an exchange offer if there are not enough TF applicants.
Application deadline (once a year):
- Direct partnerships: 15 January
- GE4 Partner: 01 December
- Tohoku University: 15 November
Ms Christine Mohr, Office of Student Information and Advice (StIB), email: email@example.com
Application information for ERASMUS+ partnerships
The application process for ERASMUS+ partner universities is carried out by the ERASMUS+ coordinator of the respective department. More detailed information can be found on the respective study programme websites.
Application deadline (once a year): 15.01.
Application information for WISO partnerships
(IP– and WING-students only)
Applications for WISO partner universities are processed by the International Office of WISO.
Application deadline (once a year): beginning of December
- Current funding opportunities (internal) (DE)
- Facebook and newsletter on stays abroad (DE)
- Language skills for engineers