Doctorate at the Faculty of Engineering
At the Faculty of Engineering, the doctoral degree Dr.-Ing is awarded. Information on the different ways to obtain a doctoral degree (individual doctoral degree, structured doctoral programs, cooperative doctoral degrees, external doctoral degree) can be found on the website of the Graduate Center.
The procedure of a doctorate at the Faculty of Engineering – step by step, all information about the doctoral examination and the valid doctoral regulations can be found below:
General information about the doctoral procedure
Procedural description for doctoral studies at the Faculty of Engineering:
- Meeting dates of the doctoral committee (internal)
- Handout on proper citation (PDF)
- Regulations for safeguarding good scientific practice and dealing with scientific misconduct
- Recommendations for the standardised indication of affiliation in publications in English and German
- Cumulative doctorate
- Sample title page (PDF)
- Explanation of the blocking notice
- Blocking notice form (Sperrvermerk) (DE)
- Notification of Premature Termination of a Doctorate at FAU (PDF)
The doctoral procedure is regulated across all faculties in the FAU’s framework General Doctoral Regulations and, in addition, the Doctoral Regulations of the Faculty of Engineering also apply. The current versions of the regulations can be found on the FAU website:
General information on the oral doctoral examination:
- Pure presence examination, inclusive public according to RPromO § 12 and FPromO Tech § 12
- Face-to-face examination with video link to a member of the examination board (except chairperson or doctoral candidate), only with appointment of a substitute member RPromO § 12a and FPromO Tech § 12 (public in face-to-face)
- Examination completely online according to EFernPO (public is also connected online) and RPromO § 12a and FPromO Tech § 12
Please register your exam at the doctoral office at least 2 weeks before the scheduled exam date using the following form:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email (email@example.com) or phone (+49 (0)9131-85 28100). We will also gladly call you back.
For the examination dates please go to the website Promotionsprüfung / Prüfungstermine (DE).
Office for Doctoral Affairs
Please make an appointment with us to submit your documents. You can reach us by phone +49 (0)9131/85-28100 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).