Welcome and general introduction for students on international Master´s programmes (in English)
The Dean of Studies, Prof. Dr. Kyle G. Webber, will welcome students on international Master’s degree programmes at the Faculty of Engineering at FAU
on Wednesday 7 October 2020, at 2 pm German time.
The event will be held as a Zoom meeting, in English.
Zoom-link to join
Campus tours of the student representatives (FSI)
The student council representatives of the study programmes offer campus tours on the southern campus in small groups in order to give the new students an opportunity to get to know the Faculty of Engineering and some fellow students. The guided tours will take place in the
evenings from October 20 to 29, 2020.
The detailed day and time for your study programme and the links to the mandatory registration will be published here soon.
General welcome event of the Faculty of Engineering for winter semester 2020/21 (in German)
The Dean of Studies, Prof. Dr. Kyle G. Webber, will welcome all new students to the Faculty of Engineering at FAU on 2 November 2020 at 10 am CET. The event will be held as a Zoom meeting, in German. The link to join will be published here on 26 October 2020.
Afterwards, the student council of the Faculty of Engineering will briefly introduce itself.
Moreover subject-specific introductions take place from 11 am, more detailed information can be found on the programme pages below.
For new students in the subjects BPT, LA Computer Science and Wing, there will be an introduction to your degree programme at 2 pm CET.
More information on the programme pages:
- Advanced Materials and Processes
- Advanced Optical Technologies
- Advanced Signal Processing and Communications Engineering
- Vocational Training Engineering, major metal and electro
- Chemie- und Bioingenieurwesen
- Chemical Engineering – Sustainable Chemical Technologies
- Communications and Multimedia Engineering
- Computational Engineering
- Electrical Engineering – Electronics – Information Technology
- Energy Technology
- Computer Science
- Computer Science for Teacher
- Computer Science, IT-Security
- Information and Communication Technology
- International Production Engineering and Management
- Life Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Production Engineering and Management, major MB and EEI
The Department EEI warmly welcomes its new students. If you would like to find out more about studying at our department, go to the following StudOn address: https://www.studon.fau.de/cat2857041.html. Further information on our introductory semester courses will follow shortly.
Further information about the introductory information offered online for new students can be found on the programme pages. (see above)
FAU First year students’ welcome event 2020 (in German)
Official welcome by FAU President, Prof. Dr. Joachim Hornegger,
and representatives from the cities of Erlangen, Nuremberg, and Fürth:
Monday, 12 October 2020, 2 pm to 5 pm