Counseling and Psychological Services for Students of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg
As of January 2018, students of the Faculty of Engineering are provided with on-site psychological services at the newly opened Counseling and Psychological Center for the Faculty of Engineering. The Counseling and Psychological Center is funded by a grant from the Faculty of Engineering of the Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nürnberg and administered by Student Services (Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg). Mental health services are provided to students in need of counseling, consultation and crisis intervention. The Counseling and Psychological Center helps with a wide-range of psychological problems including:
- Exam and speaking anxiety
- Learning difficulties
- Procrastination and motivational problems
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Loneliness, low mood, feelings of guilt, anxiety, panic, self harm and suicidal thoughts
- Coping with a chronic illness or disability
- Relationship or family problems
- Identity problems; gender or sexual orientation issues
- Homesickness and problems in living away from family and friends
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Difficulties integrating into German university and society
Counseling is offered in both German and English
Contact the psychologist:
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-27935
- Email: email@example.com
91058 ErlangenRoom 04.154
- Making an appointment::
By phone or e-mail.
Weekly Tue, 13:00 - 14:00, Room 04.154, Drop-in consultation, no appointment necessary. Anonymous consultations are possible.
08:30 - 09:30, Room 04.154, Telephone hours
Privacy and Confidentiality
The Counseling and Psychological center will treat you and your concerns with absolute privacy. The therapist has a duty to maintain confidentiality.
No appointment necessary. Anonymous consultations are possible.
Students may come for a brief drop-in consultation to establish contact with the therapist and clarify if there is a need for further counseling or psychological aid.
The Studentenwerk charges a small fee for therapy and counseling sessions (10 Euros per hour of individual session, 15 Euros per hour for couple or family sessions), which can, however, be reduced or even waived for those students who have financial difficulties.