Further study programmes
In addition to the regular degree programme, the Faculty of Engineering also offers other study options:
Cooperative Bachelor's degree programmes at FAU
Cooperative Bachelor’s degree programmes: Scientific fundamentals and practice-oriented training with the FAU joint degree programme.
A distinction is made between two variants, which are also offered for many degree programmes at the Faculty of Engineering:
- Training-integrated: The university content alternates with training content in the company; in addition to the degree, you can obtain a company training qualification at the Central Franconia Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- Practice-integrated: Practical phases during the 3-year BA programme, i.e. the company assignments take place mainly during the lecture-free periods. Individual arrangements are possible.
Department of Academic Affairs and Student Services
Office of Student Advice and Career Service
Part-time master's program
The part-time master’s program makes it easier for students to better combine their studies and careers. Eleven part-time courses are offered by the Faculty of Engineering, ten of which lead to the academic degree of Master of Science (M.Sc.). In the part-time master’s program “Teaching Engineering in Vocational Schools”, on the other hand, students earn the degree of Master of Education.
Part-time study, in short, means that students have eight semesters to complete their degree instead of the specified four semesters. The time required to complete the master’s thesis is doubled to a maximum of twelve months.
The following part-time master’s degree programs are offered by the Faculty of Engineering:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Communications and Multimedia Engineering
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Information Technology
- Energy Technology
- Computer Science
- Information and Communication Technology
- Life Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Teaching Engineering in Vocational Schools
Combining your studies with your work: At the Faculty of Engineering, you can study the Computer Science/IT Security (Bachelor) degree program while working.