Helmut Volz Medal of the Faculty of Engineering
The Helmut Volz Medal is the highest honour awarded by the Faculty of Engineering at FAU; it is given to those whose activities have particularly promoted the interests of the faculty. The medal is named for Prof. Dr. Helmut Volz (1911–1978), the founding dean of the Faculty of Engineering, and since 1979 it has been awarded to persons who have provided outstanding support to the faculty. Helmut Volz was a physicist whose ambition was to form a bond between the engineering disciplines and the traditional natural science disciplines.
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. E. h. Erich R. ReinhardtChairman of the Board of Medical Valley EMN e.V.
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Erich TenckhoffFormer Chairman of the Friends of the Faculty of Engineering
- Prof. Dr. rer. pol. Manfred HessenbergerFormer Head of the Centre for Strategic Logistics Projects at Mercedes-Benz AG and Honorary Professor of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Klaus JasperFormer Assistant State Secretary
- Dr. Siegfried BalleisFormer mayor of the city of Erlangen
- Prof. Dr. Dieter SeitzerPresident of the Bavarian Research Foundation in Munich and former Professor of Technical Electronics
- Dr. Peter KalischDirector of Central Technology at Diehl Stiftung & Co. KG
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Ulrich RöslerFormer head of the Materials Development Division at Siemens-Schuckert-Werke in Erlangen and Honorary Professor of the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Albert GeyerAlbert Geyer, an entrepreneur and Vice-President of IHK, sadly died before receiving his award. The medal was awarded posthumously to his widow.
- Prof. h.c. Dr. phil. Manfred GrossSiemens AG and Executive Chairman of the Friends of the Faculty of Engineering
- Dr. jur. Gerhard JoossMember of the Board at Thyssen Krupp AG
- Dr. rer. pol. August DrechslerPresident of IHK Nürnberg
- Dr. med. h.c. Kurt KöhlerFormer Chancellor of the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Prof. em. Dr. Dr. rer. nat. Dr.-Ing. E.h. Nikolaus FiebigerFormer President of the University of Erlangen – Nürnberg
- Assistant State Secretary i. R. Hans BrandFormer Bavarian State Ministry of Education, Science and the Arts
- Dr. sc. techn. h.c. Dietrich ErnstExecutive Director of Siemens AG
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Ernst GollingFormer Head of Education at Siemens AG and Chairman of the Friends of the Faculty of Engineering
- M. A. Donald B. WelbournDirector in Industrial Cooperation, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Senator e. h. Dipl.-Ing. Hans-Georg WaeberFormer Director of Brown, Boveri & Cie AG
- Dr.-Ing. E.h. Helmut WilhelmsChairman of the Supervisory Board of the Power Plant Union, who died before the award could be presented; the medal was awarded posthumously to his widow
- Consul Senator Walter BraunPresident of IHK Nürnberg