International Day of the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Sciences
More and more students are moving abroad for some time during their studies. But where does the money for tuition fees and living abroad come from? Which language tests are necessary? How does the recognition of academic achievements and foreign diplomas work? Which internship makes sense? In order to help clarify these and other questions, the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Sciences jointly organise an “International Day” once a year.
Together, the two faculties offer a comprehensive information programme on the subject of international mobility: on the “International Day” you will get to know a variety of opportunities to deepen your studies abroad, to gain practical language and professional knowledge, in short: you will develop intercultural competence that is needed more than ever on the job market.
The last International Day took place on 6 November 2019 on the South Campus of the Faculty of Engineering from 10:00 – 16:00 h.
Admission was free for:
- an information bazaar with 14 exhibitors in the foyer of the Mensa lecture hall building
- more than 20 informative lectures about stays abroad
- exchange of experiences with fellow students who have already completed a semester abroad
Selected presentations on 6 November 2019: (in German only)
- Hello World – Direktaustausch an der technischen Fakultät
- Zentrale Austauschprogramme der FAU
- FAU – Fördermöglichkeiten für Auslandspraktika
- BAYHOST – Bayerisches Hochschulzentrum für Osteuropa – Kurzvorstellung und Praktikumsbörse
- BTHA – Bayerisch-Tschechische Hochschulagentur – Stipendien für Studium, Sommerschulen und Praktikum in Tschechien
- Auslandssemester an der Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in Shenzhen, China
- GOstralia-GOzealand: Studieren in Australien, Neuseeland und Asien
Impressions of the joint International Day of the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Sciences on 7 November 2018 in the Physikum/Biologikum: