Fr., 26.06.2020, 4 pm – 8 pm
Sa., 27.06.2020, 9 am – 5 pm
Communicating your ideas effectively and understanding another person’s message correctly is pertinent to success in any career. This workshop is designed to improve your interpersonal communication skills and to ensure that your ideas are heard. Through a series of exercises, activities and peer reviews, you will be coached in the practical tools necessary to communicate with others dynamically, professionally, and persuasively and you will practice skills necessary to understand and to respond to others’ ideas productively.
During this workshop, you will learn how to:
– improve your ability to communicate and strengthen your image
– become more confident that you understand another person’s message correctly
– identify different interpersonal communication styles and techniques
– avoid conflict by understanding personality types
– enhance your ability to listen through empathic listening techniques
– produce a great first impression by projecting a confident image
– interact effectively through body language
– create a stronger connection with your listeners so that they can better hear and retain your message
– build rapport and establish creditability with others
– provide positive and constructive feedback, promote ideas, and accept constructive criticism
– recognize cross-cultural misunderstandings, examine cultural assumptions and manage inter-cultural conflicts.
Instructor: Dr. Teresa Burns
Comments on former seminars: https://www.tf.fau.de/files/2019/11/feedback_engl_Communication.pdf
The seminar will be offered online, the link will be sent to the participants by mail prior to the workshop.
Registration required under: https://www.apps.tf.fau.de/seminaranmeldung/?sem=397
Gisela Jakschik, email@example.com